Before you hit the road for a summer road trip or a season full of hot and sticky trips to and from work, you should perform all of your regular summer car maintenance. Hot temperatures and high humidity present unique challenges to keep your car in great shape, but preventative maintenance can go a long way. Give Mobile Auto Service a call for expert maintenance that will keep your car or truck in phenomenal condition all summer long!
Your Summer Car Maintenance Checklist
- Check the levels of coolant in your car, as well as the hoses and coolant reservoir. If you catch any leaks now, you won’t run into trouble later. When your engine is completely cool, squeeze the hoses in several places to see if they are firm or squishy. Your coolant hoses should always be firm!
- Look for cracks in your engine belts. Ideally, the belts should be in decent condition and have an appropriate amount of tension. If there are cracks or little chunks missing, the entire belt should be replaced.
- Examine your windshield wipers to see if they should be changed. Summer storms can be hard on windshield wipers that are in great condition, and they are even harsher on ones that should have been replaced long ago.
- Complete routine fluid checks that are not summer car maintenance-specific, like oil, brake fluid, power-steering fluid and windshield-washer fluid level checks.
- Check your air conditioning system to see if it is cooling your car efficiently. If the system isn’t working properly, there’s a good chance that you have a leak. Ask your Mobile Auto Service mechanic to take a look at your car and seal any leaks before you invest in more significant repairs.
- Examine all of the tires on your car, including the spare tire in your trunk. Make sure that all air pressure levels are correct, that there is adequate tread on each one and that there are no stones or nails in any of the treads. If you have snow tires on your car, now is the time to swap them out for all-season tires.
- Break out your sunshade from last year! If your car sits in a sunny parking lot, grab your reflective cover to keep your car cool. If you are really concerned about the temperature in your car, purchase special covers that fit in the back of your car as well.
Summer Car Maintenance Is Easy with Mobile Auto Service
Tired of waiting to schedule a service for your car? Use Mobile Auto Service to complete your summer car maintenance! Mobile Auto Service can take care of all of your seasonal maintenance and repair needs. To schedule your affordable and honest service today, contact us for a free quote at 443-424-0131.